Taan (Palmyra Palm, Lontar Plam, Pan Palm, Brab Palm)
Clinical Standing:Borassus flabellifer Linn.
Other Names:Tanntanoad, Taanyai (The Central Element) Taang (Chiangmai-Karen-Taak) Toowthoo (Karen-Mae Hongsorn) Taan (Shan-Mae Hongsorn) Noad (The Southern Section ) Tanaaw (Khmer)
Trunk A perennial tree is regarding 30 metres higher. The trunk which is prolonged and tapering does not make any department. The husk involves tough splinters.
Leaves A Taan leaf is made up of a solitary, admirer-including style. Leaves mature abundantly at the crown of the stem; each and every leaf is together with a prolonged sword of over 140 cm. The close of the leaf is separated into 2 jags; 2 edges of the leaf include reduced scales. The midrib of the leaf is a thick, tough coir with thorny, pointed, and darkish edges.
Blossoms Blossoms are within a branching out, large cluster. Very low blossoms are divided in just gender developing upon option trunks of the Taan tree. The man blossoms comprise together, cylinder style inside of inexperienced shade which turns brown the moment completely ripe. The blossoms of the Taan palm are termed 鎻揳an? which creates sugar.
Fruit The culmination of the Taan palm mature as a bunch/cluster. They are dim at the backside Although absolutely ripe, and yellow at thehead. The Taan end result offer lovable scent.
As foodsYoung blossoms gentleman or lady, are elements of curries. 鎻揳an?inside utilised towards crank out sugar: Namtaan Poek, sugar boiled down in just pack, and Namtaan Peep, sugar #LINK# boiled down and area into a quadrilateral container.
Foods worth Youthful Taan end result contain phosphorus, calcium, a minimal number of Vitamin C, and other folks. 鎻揳aw Taan?(an edible element escalating inside of the Taan fruit )includes significant phosphorus, Vitamin C and other people. Nuang Taan (the spadix of the Taan palm) which is composed of distinct types #LINK# of sugar is made use of in direction of deliver Namtaan Tanoad (sugar developed towards Taan syrup).
As medications The roots of the Taan palm are made use of toward procedure inside fever and decrease thirst, as perfectly as toward be remedises for tonsil swelling, for nourishing body鎶?health and fitness and taking rid of parasitic worms. The leaves are utilised towards make improvements to psychological conditioning following beginning shipping and delivery, powdered leaves, taken in the course of using tobacco of blowing, guidance ease significant blood worry. The Taan spadix is utilised in direction of therapy Taan sang (a sort of children鎶?ailment), and order rid of parasitic worms clean coir or midrib, built sizzling via fireplace and extracted for drinking water, is a medicines for diarrhea and mouth ailment.
Minimal culmination names
1. Aegle marmelos Correa.
2. Anacardium occidentale Linn. (Cashew-apple).
3. Annona reticulata Linn.
4. Artocarpus lakoocha Buch. (Artocarpus lakoocha Roxb.).
5. Averrhoa carambola Linn.
6. Borassus flabellifer Linn.
7. Carissa carandas Linn.
8. Chrysophyllum cainito Linn.
9. Dillenia indica Linn. (Dillenia speciosa Thunb.)
10. Euphoria longan (Lour.) Steud (Dimocarpus longan Lour.) [Nephelium longana (Lamk.) Camb.] (Euphoria longana Lamk.).
11. Flacourtia indica (Burm. f.) Merr. (Gmelina indica Burm. f.) (Flacourtia ramontchi L’Herit) (Flacourtia sepiara Roxb.).
12. Grewia subinaequalis DC. (Grewia asiatica Masters).
13. Limonia acidissima Linn. [Feronia limonia (L.) Swingle] (Feronia elepehantum Correa).
14. Malpighia glabra Linn. and Malpighia punicifolia Linn.
15. Monstera #LINK# deliciosa Liebm. (Monstera lennea Koch.).
16. Phoenix sylvestris (Linn.) Roxb. (Elate sylvestris Linn.).
17. Phyllanthus acidus Skeels (Averrhoa acida Linn.) (Cicca disticha Linn.).
18. Phyllanthus emblica Linn. (Emblica officinalis Gaertn.).
19. Physalis peruviana Linn. (Physalis edulis Sims.).
20. Psidium cattleianum Sabine (Psidium littorale Raddi).
21. Spondias cytherea Sonner. (Spondias dulcis Sol. ex Forst. f.) and Spondias pinnata (L.f.) Kurz. (Spondias mangifera Willd.) (Spondias acuminata Roxb.) (Mangifera pinnata L.f.).
22. Syzygium cumini (Linn.) Skeels (Myrtus cumini Linn.) (Eugenia jambolana Lamk.).
23. Syzygium jambos (Linn.) Alston (Eugenia jambos Linn.).
24. Syzygium samarangense (Blume) Merrill & Perry (Eugenia javanica Lamk.) (Myrtus samarangensis BI.).
25. Syzygium uniflora Linn. 26. Trapa natans Linn. var. bispinosa (Roxb.) Makino (Trapa bispinosa Roxb.) and Trapa natas Linn. var. quadrispinosa (Roxb.) Makino (Trapa quadrispinosa Roxb.) Literatrure cited.